There are two active lighthouses on the Farne Islands – Inner Farne and Longstone Lighthouses.
Inner Farne Lighthouse was built in 1811 and is an active navigational aid to shipping and small craft in the area. The island is a bird sanctuary and can be visited by boat from Seahouses
Longstone Lighthouse was built in 1826 and is an active navigational aid to shipping and small craft in the area. It is painted red and white and is located on one of the outer islands which can also be visited by boat from Seahouses.
The first photo below shows the Inner Farne Lighthouse seen from the shore north of Seahouses.
The second photo, also taken from the shore with a very long lens shows Longstone Lighthouse with it’s light flashing in broad daylight.