South Shields Lighthouse, River Tyne,
Located at the end of the River Tyne South Pier at
South Shields this Lighthouse was built in 1895.
The lighthouse is operational and is used by ships
approaching and entering the River Tyne along with Tynemouth Lighthouse,
Herd Groyne and North Shields Lighthouses.
In the first photo on this page the lighthouse is
viewed from Tynemouth Pier and in the background is the distinctive
red and white ringed Souter Lighthouse.
The second photo shows the Tyne Pilot boat returning
to the river after escorting a ship out to sea.
The third photo shows waves breaking over the end
of the pier and lighthouse.
For more photos at South Shields please visit our
© Copyright - All photos on this website are
subject to copyright and may not be reproduced on any website or
in print without prior permission. To use any photo please use the
enquiry form at les-bell.com